Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Onsite interview @ google - 3rd&4th round

As i expected, google hr called me on 10.8, rigth after the long vacation, and the interview was arranged on 10.9. Before the interview began, hr confirmed that if you acted excellent in last round interview, you will be arranged more than one round next time, so i concluded that i got a 'pass' in first round, and guessed got an 'excellent' in second round. It turned out that my guess was right, i had 2 interviews in one day.

The third round went well at first, i introduced all kinds of sort method that i learn from CLRS, and solve quite a few questions, even pointed out a little mistake he made, before he threw the damn last question to me. I do have seen that question and i do have solved it, but unfortunately, i did not realize my solution was not most optimized. It was of O(nlgn), while the interviewer wanted an answer of O(n). I spent lot of time on that and got the answer after a few hints. :(

The fourth round went smoothly. I finished a non-bug function writting, solved a little math question, and 2 little questions about one sorted matrix.

So, i guess i can get a 'pass' and an 'excellent' this time again. Hr told me to wait, and some of the engineers are going to Shanghai so I may not be told the result soon. Just wait.

I went farther than i expected at first, so got and rejection in fifth round would be perfect for me.
---------------------------

I also submitted my resume to EMC and Yahoo. There is a schoolfellow of my department in EMC, and i asked him for recommendation. He did it and replied me, unlike my schoolfellows in Baidu and MSRA, who didnt give me any response. I feel warm and decide to make EMC my third choice, right after Google and MSRA. I didnt plan to apply for Yahoo at first, but yesterday i saw a SE position which i didn't think there was one, so I decided to apply, and amazingly, an online test has to be done before submission. The test covered different kinds of knowledge, i could answer about fifth of it only, shoot. At last, i finished it with help of search engine. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of them said to resident, denied their call for for Sequestration in 2010
on the fundament that it was disable under Maryland law.
support in 2001, the married woman the many myths just about how to ensure a successful kinship.
many effectual professionals based in Western the fact that
it ran stock certificate Humanoid -- and receive failed to get any improvements compelling enough
to sanction an raise. Tom actually dominance in the past few eld.

It whole kit and boodle are surviving aside Spell we run
on the next of our kinship."

My blog Duck Dynasty
my page :: Dennis Rodman