Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Here's another idea

I'm seeking for a job now, so why not write everything down here.

I'm kind of tired of writing blog, so i didnt do that often recently, while i did a lot about one year ago.Changing from space to baidu may be one of the reasons, i really dont get excited about the interface of baidu, it's fast, but simplicity and a little crudeness doesnt seem atrractive to me. This place is great, no fantastic effects, also simple, but comfortbale. So it's all new, blog site and language, and i feel like writing again.

Ok, about jobs, first step, resume.

I'm still not sure about pronounciation of resume, is it ri-SUM or rese-MEI, the latter one seems to be correct, i remembered Pheobe said that in , and it seems like a French word. It took me about 2 weeks to make my resume, most of time was spent on project expereinces part, it must be very important to me, so i wrote and edited several times, and it's stil not perfect but almost, so i printed 20 copies, and submit on Internet for application. A lot thanks to SYX, who helped me with the English version, i dont want to write his full name cause i dont want to be discovered by a serach engine. Many of SYX's fans search his name on search engine for digging every detail of their star.

I applied for SDE position in MSRA on 9.24. MS has always been my dreaming work place since i was in high school, which is about 7 years ago. I read a book named "Follow the Intelligence", which introduces people worked at MSRA and Kaifu Lee, leader of MSRA. I was totally shocked, i was envy of how clever they are and how passionate they are, and i love the feeling when a job's done, one could say to another proudly, 'that's my baby'. This should not be an ad for MS, but i do like that place, and my feeling was enhanced last night after attending Microsoft Campus Recruiting Talk last night. I submitted on 9.24 to avoid attending first round paper-test, which was held on 9.22, I dont think I'm ready, although I dont even think so now, but I'm going to attend the second round test, which will be held on 10.16. Too many words here, hehe, just want to join MS too much.

The other company I have appied for is Baidu, which is NO. 1 Chinese Search Engine currently. The no-constrain-about-worktime seems attractive to me, and the company is going up and ... poor me, dont know how to describe it, just wanna say Baidu has a bright future. The application date is also 9.24, and i also ask my classmate to recommended for me to skip paper-test.

Since now, I dont have any response except confirmation letter, and I dont expect any before National Day.

Ok, i'm on the way, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Dechu said...

oops...

it took me more than an hour to finish this ... essay? (do i use it properly?)

just found there are a few shoutcuts while editting, that's great, i love them.

and, is there any chance to embed vim as editor?? -_-

Dechu said...

weird.. why isnt 'd' in 'Dechu' capital?